I have been, or can be if you click on a link and make a purchase, compensated via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value for writing this post. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Feel free to read our full Disclosure Policy.
Love Thin Mints but hate how bad they are for your hips? You need a better way to enjoy thin mints!
This recipe is healthier so you can totally have a delicious treat and stay on track! Win, win!!
You will want to take your sweet time with this recipe because the dough needs to chill before it’s baked.
Makes 12 servings (2 cookies per serving).
Healthy Thin Mint Recipe
- 1 – Cup almond flour
- 1/4 – Cup coconut flour
- 1/2 – Cup Cacao (or cocoa) powder
- 1/4 – Teaspoon sea salt, Himalayan
- 1 – Egg, cage-free organic
- 1 – Stick of butter, unsalted, organic or unpasteurized
- 12 – ounces chocolate chips, dark, 70%
- 1 – Teaspoon peppermint extract
- Sift together the almond flour, coconut flour, cacao powder (or cocoa powder), salt, and coconut sugar until combined.
- Add egg, butter, and 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract and mix until dough is formed.
- Roll the dough into a log on parchment paper and put in the refrigerator or freezer to chill. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- When the dough is solid, using a sharp knife, cut out cookies that are roughly 3/8-inch thick. Lay the cookies out on a baking tray. Makes 24 cookies.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool until they’ve hardened.
- Make the coating by melting the chocolate chips and mixing in the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract.
- One by one, dip the cookies into the melted chocolate to coat both sides. The chocolate should be fairly runny and only coat in a small layer. If the chocolate is thicker, heat it up until it melts more.
- Lay cookies onto parchment paper and refrigerate or freeze until fully hardened. These keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
P.S. Make sure you subscribe to Obtaining Bliss and not only will you get our newsletter full of free tips and challenges but you’ll also get access to our FREE Resource Library!!