I have been, or can be if you click on a link and make a purchase, compensated via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value for writing this post. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Feel free to read our full Disclosure Policy.
Today’s recipe is my Super Awesome Chicken Breasts. I call it that because that is what my boys call it whenever I make it. They love the seasonings because it brings out an awesome flavor in the chicken. You can either grill these (especially since it’s summer) or cook them in a cast-iron skillet. I LOVE both ways but the skillet seems to bring out more flavor since it’s already well seasoned.
If you don’t have a cast iron skillet, I highly suggest you get yourself one. They’re really not that expensive plus they will last you a lifetime! Plus they are so versatile. You can use them on the stovetop, on the grill, camping, baking in the stove, and pretty much anywhere you can give it a heat source you can cook it on!
Anywho, on to the recipe! You can get all these awesome ingredients (organic even) for an amazing price from Thrive Market. Thrive Market has the best priced organic products and they get shipped right to your door. No need to waste gas and run to the grocery store, yay!
- 4 – Chicken Breasts
- 2 – Tablespoons Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (unrefined)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 – Tablespoon Paprika
- 1-1/2 – Teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 – Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1/3 Teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat cast iron skillet on medium-high heat.
- Mix all the dry spices (onion powder, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper) together.
- Season each chicken breast on both sides with the mixed dry seasonings.
- Heat coconut oil in skillet.
- After the coconut oil is fully melted, add the chicken breasts to the skillet.
- Cook the chicken on each side for 7 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to the skillet and cover the chicken and let cook a few more minutes. *This will keep the chicken nice and juicy.
- Using a meat thermometer check the thickest part of the chicken. Cooking to 165 degrees.
- Serve with your preferred choice of side, like an awesome Berry Salad.
P.S. Don’t forget to subscribe to Obtaining Bliss and get exclusive access to our FREE Resource Library which includes awesome printables like a 9 Day Cleanse (which helped me lose up to 9 pounds!). Sign up below.