Affiliate Disclaimer: This site contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you purchase through our link (at no additional cost). Read our full Disclosure Policy.
I am very excited and pleased to tell you all that Obtaining Bliss was nominated for The Mystery Blogger Award by The Reluctant Cowgirl! So I am on the hot seat this week answering questions as well as sharing with you a bit about the award. PLUS as part of accepting the award, I get to nominate other bloggers. So I can’t wait to share with you the 5 blogs that will inspire you to live a better life.
Miranda is a down to earth blogger sharing her tips and advice to not just live an awesome life, but thrive! She’s a city girl who married a country boy, hence the clever name of her blog, The Reluctant Cowgirl. Her inspiration is beautiful! Having had 3 heart attacks this woman is really a superhero! Her positive attitude is infectious and her practical life tips will motivate you to follow her lead. Definitely check her out and subscribe to her blog!
Thank you, Miranda, for nominating me for The Mystery Blogger Award! I am honored you chose my blog! It’s always great connecting with you in our Facebook groups!
What is The Mystery Blogger Award?
If you have not heard of the Mystery Blogger Award here is a little bit about the award. According to the founder Okoto Enigma, The Mystery Blogger Award is meant to showcase new blogs and introduce blogs that “not only captivates; it inspires and motivates.” The Mystery Blogger Award is also meant to highlight blogs that are written with a passion and purpose! We are definitely passionate and purpose driven on Obtaining Bliss!
The Rules of The Mystery Blogger Award
The rules of The Mystery Blogger Award are very simple!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate bloggers
- Notify your nominees
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice with one weird or funny question
- Share the link to your best posts
3 Things About Kirsten from Obtaining Bliss
- I’m a survivor of domestic violence. Although not many people like to admit that they’ve even been a victim, I am able to see the teachings in this experience. It was this experience that actually inspired me to create Obtaining Bliss. I wanted to use a platform to discuss tough topics like domestic violence, depression, anxiety, and PTSD. I also wanted to share how you don’t have to let these things rule your life or keep you from finding your own bliss.
- I’m a practical life coach. After starting this blog and getting some amazing feedback, I decided to expand what I offer. This was after going through coaching myself and seeing what an amazing impact it had on me. I mean, c’mon, if you think about it, everyone needs a coach. People don’t become great by figuring it all out by themselves. Do you think greats like Lebron James could be great without a coach? Nope! And I’m not just talking sports here. Darren Hardy, Richard Branson, they all have had a coach or mentor work with them throughout their life and career. My services are specific to women who suffer from depression and anxiety. Because I get it. I’ve been stuck by these mental illnesses as well and figured out how to break free from those blockages. I’m excited to help others do the same so they can finally live a life of bliss!
- I love to sing and dance. Singing is something I do every single day. It’s one of the things I do in my own self-care. I also love to dance! It’s something that connects me with myself and my creator. Kind of like writing, I get to express myself and challenge my creativity.
Questions from The Reluctant Cowgirl
Here are the questions that Miranda asked of her nominees.
What is one thing you like about blogging the most?
Connecting with my people. Dealing with things like depression and anxiety can be an isolating experience. You feel alone and like no one else out there understands what you’re going through. But when you open up, like I have on my blog, you really find out that you’re not alone. It’s great to be able to guide others who are looking to not only overcome their mental health obstacles but also connect with others who have gone through the same thing. There’s a comfort in that.
Your favorite movie genre, if you watch movies?
This is a tough one because I love watching all kinds of movies. But probably my favorite genre is the comic book action movies. My favorite of those is Wonder Woman and I really love the X-men movies.
What was a time in your life when you had a light bulb moment?
Honestly, I’ve had several of these over the last few years. One of the biggest ones I had was when I was going through a coaching program. We were working on finding the root cause of my views on money. Come to realize it was a trauma I had experienced as a child that was blocking me and my beliefs about money. I associated evil with money. Through this process, I learned that money is energy and it cannot be evil or bad. It was one of the biggest light bulb moments of my life and it was such a relief to finally have figured that out.
Who is one of your favorite well-known bloggers?
I have a few I really love, but I would have to say that it’s Michelle from Making Sense of Cents. It was because of her blog that I decided to create my own and made it a goal to blog as a business.
What is a place you would LOVE to visit?
Egypt has been on my bucket list since I was a little girl. I’m fascinated by the pyramids and that whole culture. I would absolutely love to visit there and see these wonders of the world in real life!
Blogs I Nominate for the Mystery Blogger Award:
Here are the 5 Blogs That Will Inspire You to Live a Better Life.
Faith also blogs about mental health. Having been through the trenches of mental illness herself, she gives a fresh perspective of what it’s really like to live with depression.
Tamara blogs about single motherhood and how to best navigate life and take care of yourself as a single mom.
Tamara (yep another Tamara!) blogs about all the awesome things you can and should do in your personal development journey.
Amber helps anxious millennials become more organized, empowered and motivated. She has a ton of printable planners, self-care tools and more.
Hey, when another blog talks about bliss, I’m all over it! 😉 Tracey provides ideas and challenges you to find the happiness, joy, and bliss in everyday life.
Questions for My Nominees
- Why did you start blogging?
- Where do you see your blog in 5 years?
- What is one thing you struggle with as an entrepreneur/blogger?
- Who is your favorite singer?
- What is one thing on your bucket list you plan to do in the next year?
My Top Blog Posts
21 Things I Would Have Told My 21-Year-Old Self – This post is all the advice I would have given myself at 21.
How I Got Out of Abuse – My story about how I got out of an abusive relationship.
10 of the Best Personal Development Books You Should Read This Year – My top 10 list of books to read for your own personal growth.
How to Know if You Have Depression – A comprehensive post about how to tell if you have depression or not. Plus a quiz you can take.
Join our 5 Day Bliss Challenge
Sign up below to join our 5 Day Bliss Challenge. This challenge will send you an email every day for 5 days with actionable steps you can take in creating a more blissful life.