We may earn money or products from the link and companies mentioned in this post. Please see our Disclaimer Page for further details.
Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
Happy, happy Friday and Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!
Last weekend I came across an absolutely delicious, healthy, and quick recipe by Dinner at the Zoo that I just had to share with you.
This recipe is WAY better than take-out and WAY healthier for you! The fact this only took a total of 30 minutes to make is also a bonus! The best part about this recipe is that even my husband liked the sauce. Which, trust me, with his pickiness, is super hard to come by!
This is full of my favorite stir fry veggies. But you can really use any veggies you want. Some other veggies suggestions are mushrooms, onions, zucchini and even asparagus. It’s all cooked in a mouth-watering sweet and savory sauce. Another option is you can swap out the chicken for any other meat you may prefer. I tried it with shrimp and it was oh SO very good.
This makes about 4 servings, but honestly, that’s only ideal if you serve this with rice. I personally add about 2 cups more of veggies to soak up more of the sauce and broccoli is the perfect vegetable to do that. Also, in my recipe, I use extra virgin olive oil and sesame oil instead of the vegetable oil in the original recipe.
Makes 4 servings.
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-2 cups thinly sliced peeled carrots
- 2-3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or water
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 teaspoon of sesame oil in a large pan or wok over medium heat.
- Add the broccoli and carrots and cook for approximately 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove vegetables from the pan; place them on a plate and cover.
- Add a tablespoon of EVOO to pan and heat to high.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and add them to the pan in a single layer – you may need to do this step in batches. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the vegetables back to the pan and cook for 2 more minutes or until the vegetables are warmed through.
- In a bowl whisk together the chicken broth, honey and soy sauce.
- In a separate small bowl mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water.
- Pour the soy sauce mixture over the chicken and vegetables; cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the cornstarch and bring to a boil; cook for 1 more minute or until sauce has just started to thicken.
- Serve immediately, with rice if desired.
P.S. Don’t forget to subscribe to Obtaining Bliss and get exclusive access to our FREE Resource Library which includes awesome printables like a 9 Day Cleanse (which helped me lose up to 9 pounds!). Sign up below.